A Day of precision: My work journal - 21st May 2025
A Day of Discipline and Determination: Balancing Work, Travel, and Personal Tasks
Despite a restless night and little sleep, I committed to beginning the day early. By 6:00 AM, I was out of bed, determined not to let fatigue dictate my day. A lack of rest can be a real drag, but I’ve found that maintaining a routine, even on tough morning, helps me stay on track and productive.
By 7:30 AM, I was dressed and ready for work. My commute is mercifully short, just a 10-minute ride, but today wasn’t a typical office-bound day. I had a field assignment that required some preparation. My task for the day involved transporting and calibration using our master instruments at the PRAXAIR facility located in Sriperumbudur. These calibration sessions are crucial for ensuring accuracy and reliability in industrial operations, and I take them very seriously.
To start the day properly, I made sure to have breakfast on the way. Traveling by office scooter(HONDA-ACTIVA) is always convenient, especially on tight schedules like today’s. I arrived at the PRAXAIR site by 10:30 AM, right on schedule, and after completing the standard gate entry procedures, I set to work immediately.
Today calibration work at PRAXAIR,SRIPERUMBUDUR
(About: Praxair India Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of the global industrial gases and engineering company Linde, operates a significant manufacturing facility in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu. Established in the late 1990s, this plant plays a crucial role in supplying industrial gases to various sectors in the region)
Today's calibration assignment was both routine and demanding. I had to work with high-pressure instruments, including:
Instruments calibrated: Pressure transmitter, Pressure gauge with a 400 bar range & Temperature controllers.
These instruments are critical in high-pressure industrial environments, and any calibration errors can lead to significant consequences. The work requires focus, attention to detail, and a lot of patience-especially when operating under pressure, quite literally.
The process took several hours. From setup to testing and final verification, I was thoroughly engaged from late morning until around 3:30 PM. The work went smoothly, though it was physically and mentally tiring. Standing and operating instruments in a high-security industrial environment isn’t just about technical knowledge-it’s about endurance too.
Back to the Office
After completing the calibration, I made my way back to the office and arrived by 5:30 PM. Though part of me wanted to just head straight to my room and rest, I still had some pending tasks to wrap up at work. A quick debrief, some notes, and planning for tomorrow’s responsibilities kept me occupied until around 6:12 PM, when I finally left the office for the day.
The ride back felt longer than usual, fatigue from the day had caught up with me. My body was tired, my mind even more so, but the day wasn't quite over yet.
Evening Routine & Personal Tasks
Once I reached my room, the first duty was freshening up. A quick bath, followed by my usual skincare routine, helped me unwind a little. I believe in self-care, even on the busiest days. It’s a small but essential habit that helps me reset and recharge.
But instead of winding down for the night, I had one more important task to complete: handling some personal documentation online. Today, I began the online application process for two things I’ve been meaning to take care of:
*Applying for a duplicate Driving License
*Applying for a reprint of my PAN card
Government documentation work isn’t always straightforward. There are forms to fill, ID verifications to complete, portal issues to troubleshoot, and lots of patience required. But I’ve learned that procrastination only adds stress. So, I powered through it.
When applying online, sometimes I face payment issues due to bank compatibility. In such cases, my friend Maadhu helps me out by making the payment through her Canara Bank account. It’s always good to have a backup option when dealing with online transactions
It took me a while, almost until 10:00 PM, but by the end of the night, I had successfully submitted both applications. It was satisfying to cross them off my to-do list.
Looking back, it was a long and demanding day. From sleeplessness to site visits, technical tasks, and government paperwork, it was a mix of mental, physical, and administrative challenges. But I’m glad I pushed through. What made it manageable was sticking to structure and taking one step at a time. Days like this remind me how much can be accomplished with discipline and a bit of grit. Even when I wasn’t feeling 100%, I showed up, did the work, and handled both professional and personal responsibilities.
The best part? Knowing that tomorrow is a new day—and I’ll be ready for it.
Comments
Post a Comment